Crochet By Day...Knitter By Night

I hope to share my crochet and knitting projects along with any other crafts I may pursue. Mostly I knit and crochet for my six year old granddaughter and my dogs plus incidental houselold items. Occasionally I do Cross Stitch and Plastic Canvas work.

Name:
Location: Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, United States

I'm married. I'm the mother of a son and a daughter who are now grown. I have one granddaughter. We share our home with three dogs and a black capped conure.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Always A Beginner

I've been thinking of creating a blog, but couldn't decide on a title until today while working on a Barbie dress for my granddaughter. Lately I've been crocheting during the day and knitting at night.

I've been knitting and crocheting off and on since my two children were small in the '60s. Actually, I learned to knit in junior high school, but didn't really get into it until I became a mother. My mother crocheted doilies using crochet thread and a steel hook, but I couldn't seem to learn from her. She crocheted too fast for me to see exactly how the stitches were made once she created the foundation chain. Years later, I finally taught myself from a booklet.

After nearly three years of doing no needlework at all, I began again last fall with sweater projects for my two dogs - a yorkie and a pomeranian.

The dog sweater pattern called for using circular needles. This was my first experience knitting with them and now wish I had tried them years ago. I probably wouldn't have such large time gaps between knitting projects. I've hardly put down my needles since using circulars. I hope to post photos of the items I've made since last fall as soon as I figure out how to do so. Until then these finished items can be view at my blog at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home