Crochet By Day...Knitter By Night

I hope to share my crochet and knitting projects along with any other crafts I may pursue. Mostly I knit and crochet for my six year old granddaughter and my dogs plus incidental houselold items. Occasionally I do Cross Stitch and Plastic Canvas work.

Name:
Location: Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, United States

I'm married. I'm the mother of a son and a daughter who are now grown. I have one granddaughter. We share our home with three dogs and a black capped conure.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Current works in progress

  • Easy Poncho by Bernat using Bernat Baby Boucle yarn
  • Strawberry Fields Sweater set for Daughter and Doll in the May, 2006 issue of Creative Knitting
  • Tie Front Vest in the Lily Sugar 'n Cream Girl Talk crochet booklet
  • crocheted bride's dress in the August, 1976 McCall's Doll Fashion booklet
  • EZ tube socks using free pattern from www.frugalhaus.com

This is my 2nd attempt with the Easy Poncho. When I completed the 2nd half I discovered that it was much shorter than the 1st half. So this time around, I'm knitting both halves at the same time...using 2 sets of needles, I work a section on one half then work the same section on the other half. I really hate working with boucle yarn and probably would have scrapped the entire project if I hadn't shown the finished first half to my granddaughter. She loved the color and softness of the yarn.

The Tie Front Vest is on the back burner for a while because it covers my lap. Since we try to use our air conditioners as little as possible, it's simply too hot to work on a project that large.

I've recently completed the Bride'sMaid dress and hat from the McCall's Doll Fashion booklet except for applying a couple of snaps and weaving in a couple of loose ends. I'm now working on the Bride's dress using metallic thread. I had been looking all over my house in various stacks of craft books, etc. without any success in locating this booklet even though I was sure I had seen it somewhere in recent years. Fortunately, I was able to purchase a copy on Ebay. Within a week my husband found my original copy. Turned out it was still among some books and craft supplies that hadn't been unpacked since we moved here 10 years ago. I was fond of this booklet because I had used it to crochet Barbie doll dresses for my daughter and knew they would fit.