Crochet By Day...Knitter By Night

I hope to share my crochet and knitting projects along with any other crafts I may pursue. Mostly I knit and crochet for my six year old granddaughter and my dogs plus incidental houselold items. Occasionally I do Cross Stitch and Plastic Canvas work.

Name:
Location: Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, United States

I'm married. I'm the mother of a son and a daughter who are now grown. I have one granddaughter. We share our home with three dogs and a black capped conure.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Easy Poncho progress

As I've said before, I hate knitting with boucle yarn. If I hadn't shown the half I had completed earlier to my granddaughter or if she didn't seem to love the yarn color and softness, I probably would have scrapped this project.

In any case, when I checked to confirm that both halves measured the same at my current point of completion I discovered that one half was shorter, but had fewer stitches than the other half. Apparently, I had decreased more stitches on it than I should have on it. I was not about to rip back to discover where the errors were so decided to simply increase the number of stitches carefully and evenly for the next eight rows. There were five stitches to be made up. It seems to be working out.

Although the weather hasn't been hot enough to turn the air conditioning on, it has been too hot for working on the poncho this last week. So I've been working on the EZ tube socks instead. I think I am near the mid-way point on the poncho and hope to return to it as soon as the weather cools a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home