Crochet By Day...Knitter By Night

I hope to share my crochet and knitting projects along with any other crafts I may pursue. Mostly I knit and crochet for my six year old granddaughter and my dogs plus incidental houselold items. Occasionally I do Cross Stitch and Plastic Canvas work.

Name:
Location: Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, United States

I'm married. I'm the mother of a son and a daughter who are now grown. I have one granddaughter. We share our home with three dogs and a black capped conure.

Friday, August 04, 2006

New addition to the family - a PomChi


Just last week we adopted a new dog from a shelter. He is a 2 1/2 year old chihuahua/pomeranian mix. He's supposed to have one bad flaw...he snarls and snaps when someone tries to move him - or looks at him if he is settled comfortably where he wants to be. In fact one of the reasons he was given up to the shelter was that he bit someone for just looking in the direction he was settled in. We seem to be making progress in ridding him of this habit. Mostly, we simply say, "Dusty, NO!" firmly and say, " Bad dog!" to which he usually stops the snarling. A couple of times we have used a spray bottle of water which Dusty definitely doesn't like. He stops the offending behavior and slinks away from the spot he was just defending. The snarling episodes are getting to be less frequent. He really is a soft fluff ball who loves to be held and babied. He loves nothing better than to be held all day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luciana DeVito said...

Great! God bless you for adopting! I work with rescues and people just don't realize how GREAT it is to adopt an adult dog so they know exactly what they are getting and are SO grateful for a loving family!

Wed Sep 10, 06:22:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home