Crochet By Day...Knitter By Night

I hope to share my crochet and knitting projects along with any other crafts I may pursue. Mostly I knit and crochet for my six year old granddaughter and my dogs plus incidental houselold items. Occasionally I do Cross Stitch and Plastic Canvas work.

Name:
Location: Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, United States

I'm married. I'm the mother of a son and a daughter who are now grown. I have one granddaughter. We share our home with three dogs and a black capped conure.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Finished Item - Angel Baby Dress


My most recently finished knitted project was this Angel Baby Dress from the Knitting in the Round book. It was the first thing I had ever made that was knitted in the round. The Dreambaby Kokonut yarn recommended in the pattern was unavailable so I settled for Lion Brand's Baby Soft yarn which was a similar weight and fiber blend. I used Bernat's BabyLash for the trim since I wanted it to be machine washable, also. The project was started around the end of March and was completed in early June...not too bad considering the interruption of a drive to Florida in April in addition to the usual tasks of cooking, cleaning, doctor appointments, laundry, shopping, etc.
I made the headband also using the Babylash yarn.

Granddaughter called it a top which is a more accurate description. Even the photo in the book couldn't actually be called a dress.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Imogen said...

Love this sweet and cute dress!! I recently got new dress from Disney Shopping for my little angel :)

Thu Apr 23, 07:56:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home